Monday, February 18, 2013

Trust

A saying I always try to live by is "if He brings you to it, He will bring you through it." You don't have ANYTHING to worry about because God's totally got your back! Easier said than done, but true nonetheless. God has a plan for your life. No literally, He planned YOUR life. Jeremiah 29:11 says "'For I know the plans I have for you' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a hope and a future.'" Now that verse isn't saying that you're going to have a perfect life and  be happy 24/7. It simply states that God made a specific plan for YOU that is best for YOU. We are all His beloved children and He knows what is best for us.

Sometimes we go through trials, not as punishment, but as a test. God wants to put your faith to the test. He wants to see if you really love and trust Him as much as you say you do. Where do you turn when you go through something hard? Friends? Family? Sex? Alcohol? Do you REALLY turn to God first and foremost, for everything? Thats where we SHOULD turn, but Im pretty sure it's safe to say that not many people do.. I know I don't.

I personally have been going through a very hard time in my life. I always thought I had a pretty good relationship with the Lord, but then He really put my faith to the test. I am having to surrender everything to the Lord. Literally everything. My friends, family, home, and mainly myself. The storms we go through can be scary and uncertain. But the funny thing is, in the midst of this storm, I am growing closer to God than I have EVER been. He has given me peace. I know that He has a plan for my life and He's got this all taken care of. Im not by any means saying that I have perfected this, in fact it's quite the opposite, but we always have to keep trying. Never give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment